Friday, November 11, 2016

Life in Pictures: Day SIX

"It's very important to write things down instantly, or you can lose the way you were thinking out a line. I have a rule that if I wake up at 3 in the morning and think of something, I write it down. I can't wait until morning - it'll be gone."
- Mary Oliver

Seattle
11.4.2016

As I glanced at this snapshot from last weekend in Seattle, my mind began to run off in deep, contemplative thought. Immediately I started typing as the words flowed from my head to my hands. Putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys) has always been so incredibly therapeutic for me and this image stirred so many feelings of love, happiness, joy, and gratitude for this life of mine. It's truly magical. But in all honesty, it hasn't always been this way and I began writing out my story.
Where I am.
Where I've been. 
Where I am going. 
There's just so, so much!  

Then I paused.
I came to the conclusion that the time has not yet come for me to lay out all of my vulnerabilities; To open myself up completely and share the story of me, through my eyes. No... Not yet. But I will continue to write and write and write. And when I feel it in my soul, as I surely will, then, I will share my journey here in this space.  

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment